"Om"-work You'll Love To Do

By:  Claudia A. Barbieri 〜

-
- Kristin Hannings - 

Did you ever find that $5.00 bill at the bottom of your purse or pocket and think you hit the lottery?  What a feeling!  Recently, I came upon a little book that collected dust on my bookshelf for years that gave me that same feeling.  It's called Mindfullness & Meditation by V. Lhundrup[1], a book that explains the basics of Buddhist principlesFittingly, Let's Get Zen's logo mantra is "Yoga + Mindfulness."  

In 2022, achieving mindfulness, or our ability to keep our attention on an object, is a challenge for even the most emotionally strong individuals.  Practicing yoga, mindfulness, and meditation help us find this ability and inner peace.  So, after dusting off Mindfullness & Meditation, I am discovering delightful chapters and excerpts that help you do just that! 

Two types of meditation - your "om" - work: 

  • Walking meditation
    • Take a walk outside in a park or somewhere quiet and free from distractions.
  • Compassion meditation 
    • Close your eyes, envision yourself, and repeat: "May I be happy.  May I be well.  May I be free of pain and sorrow.  May I be at peace."[1]
    • Now, focus on someone else in your life, close your eyes, envision them and repeat:  "May I be happy.  May I be well.  May I be free of pain and sorrow.  May I be at peace"[1]

Some of you are life-long yogis and practice daily meditation already, and some of you may practice at least one of these.  Whereas some of you may be wondering about new ways to bring a little less stress into your life.  The above practices, coupled with yoga, can help you find the mindfulness and serenity in which you seek. Let's Get Zen instructors, like Monica Lynn - our featured yogi in the last post, and the other talented instructors, can help guide you to your inner peace and ultimate mindfulness. Maybe use that $5 you find at the bottom of your purse or pocket for inspiration to book a class today!

Namaste.

Class schedule

Workshops - New one on March 27th with Karen C!!!!!!!

Look out for the next post -  Q & A with Brittany Burns, Let's Get Zen's yin yoga and nidra meditation instructor!

[1]  Lhundrup, Venerable T. Meditation and Mindfulness. Hinkler, 2004.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog