Q & A with Monica Lynn

Monica Lynn - Passionate and Supportive

Q & A with Monica Lynn
By Claudia A. Barbieri

Monica strives to create a safe and supportive environment for all.

Q:  Can you remember your first yoga session? How did you make the decision to go? 
A:  My very first yoga session was with my mom. I was a senior in high school (I'm 33 now!), and she had been trying to convince me to go with her for quite some time. I was a teenager who was hesitant to believe that her mother could suggest something she might enjoy! I remember the instructor's calm, yet clear, instructions as I tried to figure out each posture. I immediately knew that I liked it and wanted to try again. I felt challenged, yet peaceful at the same time - something I had never experienced before!

Q:  How would you describe your style of instruction?  
A:  I would describe my style of instruction as intentional and balanced. My classes are structured in a way I believe allows students to build as they go, and I offer accessible options along the way. My goal is for practitioners to be able to move mindfully while advancing through physical postures over time. Yoga is a practice, and we should be seeking more than just physical advancements!

Q: How have you seen yogis benefit from taking your yoga classes? 
A: I have been teaching for six years and over the course of time, I've seen such growth in my dedicated yogis. I've watched as their physical practices have grown along with their emotional strength. I always tell students that we are constantly changing and growing. Our practice will not look the same from one day to the next! We are constantly facing new challenges and our practice allows us to be both physically and mentally flexible. Through the years, I've loved watching people's journeys unfold and I believe that I have created a safe space for students to explore what they need in the moment.

Q: How would you advise yoga beginners?  
A: Show up as you are! There is no requirement to be "good" at yoga. Our physical yoga practice is only one small piece of a very large pie. We must be patient as we learn to navigate something new! We deserve to be kind to ourselves.

Thank you, Monica, for your continued passion for yoga and your continued support to your class participants.  To take Monica's classes, please link to our website below to book your spot!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog