Q & A with Maria Eble


Q & A with Maria Eble - Inspiring Young Yogis ~

By Claudia A. Barbieri ~



Q: Can you remember your first yoga session? How did you make the decision to go? 

A: I found a 2-week intro to a studio I used to drive past all the time. I had never practiced in a studio before, so I researched as much as possible to know what I might expect. Despite how hot my cotton yoga pants felt, I was hooked! I started practicing every day, and by my year anniversary of practicing regularly, I had signed up to start teacher training.

 

Q: How would you describe your style of instruction? 

A: I like a pretty traditional vinyasa class that builds from a strong, focused base. That is the type of class I want to create for all levels of practitioners to enjoy. I encourage using props to support your practice, whether you are an experienced yogi or someone starting out. That support helps keep your ego in check and helps you have a little more courage to try something new. You will find all the things you expect from a juicy hot yoga class in my classes, and maybe I will help you find a new edge to your practice.

 

Q: How have you seen yogis benefit from taking your yoga classes? 

A: I try to take my ego out of my own practice and be as present with my body as I can. I encourage this during my classes through the use of props and modifications. If you need to skip or modify a pose because that’s what my body is calling for today, embrace it. So I love when I see those props brought to their mat for other teachers.  

 

I also teach kids yoga, and the transformation in their practice is always profound. Kids are fearless in the yoga studio. They’ll go upside down; they’ll try to balance on one foot, try to grab their other foot, fall, and laugh the entire time. But to see the stillness they can begin to achieve after just a few weeks of regular practice is beautiful. To see a little kid take a big breath in before trying to tackle something they aren’t afraid to fail at is something everyone should get to see.

 

Q: What would you advise the yoga beginners? 

A: Respect where your body is today. We were all beginners once, so don’t compare yourself to those around you as you come to your mat. So if you need to modify, use blocks, skip a vinyasa or two, listen to your body at that moment and do what feels right.  

 

Thank you, Maria! We appreciate your desire and drive to inspire adults and kids with your yoga classes. In her kids yoga classes, students can expect a fun, fast-paced class based in games, stories, and visualizations to introduce them to yoga’s movement, breath, and meditation. As the mother of three boys, including twins, Maria is used to keeping things fun and engaging for her audience and staying on her toes.


Moms and dads everywhere — Maria's Kid Yoga Classes sound like an amazing experience for your children to try, right? To sign up for the Big and Little Yogis class with Maria, jump over to the Kids Yoga page at: Big and Little Yogis Classes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog